I’ve kept a collection of my favorite quotes for over 15 years. I read (and add to) my quote book often, using it as a source of inspiration when I need a little kick in the pants. The book means so much to me that I even have it with me as we travel, tucked into my backpack.
A year ago I published a blog post with 25 of my favorite quotes. I thought it was about time to add a few more to the collection that I’ve already shared with you.
I hope you enjoy them.
25 (more) quotes about living your dreams
1. “When you can’t go forward, and you can’t go backward, and you can’t stay where you are without killing off something deep and vital in yourself, you are on the edge of creation.” – Sue Monk Kidd
2. “Sometimes it takes darkness and the sweet confinement of your aloneness to learn: Anything or anyone that does not bring you alive is too small for you.” -David Whyte, The House of Belonging (thanks to The Unlost for this one)
3. “You seldom, if ever, get lucky sitting down.” – Zig Ziglar
4. “Faith is not desire. Faith is will. Desires are things that need to be satisfied, whereas will is a force. Will changes the space around us.” – Paulo Coelho, The Witch of Portobello
5. “I am thankful to all those who said no to me. It’s because of them that I did it myself.” -Albert Einstein
6. “To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.” -Steve Prefontaine
7. “If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I will tell you: I came to live out loud.” -Emile Zola
8. “I believe ardently that you should drop everything and run toward your true self.” -Kyran Pittman
9. “If you don’t know what your passion is, realize that one reason for your existenance on earth is to find it.” -Oprah Winfrey
10. “So come to the pond, or the river of your imagination, or the harbor of your longing, and put your lips to the world.” – Mary Oliver
11. “Master your instrument, master the music, and then forget all that… and just play.” -Charlie Parker, Jazz Great
12. “The only thing that stands between a man and what he really wants from life is often merely the will to try it and the faith to believe that it is possible.” -Richard DeVos
13. “The thrill is to keep envisioning what can be.” – Oprah Winfrey
14. “You have to do stuff that average people don’t understand, because those are the only good things.” -Andy Warhol
15. “If you want to be comfortable, don’t try to live your dreams.” -Emily Trinkaus
16. “To be no longer content to pick up what is floating on the surface of life, and to want only the pearls at the bottom of the sea, this is grace, welling up from deep inside.” -Eknath Easwaran
17. “Until you make peace with who you are, you’ll never be content with what you have.” -Doris Mortman
18. “Your dream is not big enough if it does not scare you.” -unknown
19. “What you seek is seeking you.” -Paulo Coelho
20. “You have to speak your dream out loud.” -Kelly Corrigan
21. “There is no greater gift you can give or receive than to honor your calling. It’s why you were born. And how you become most truly alive.” -Oprah Winfrey
22. “… be like the fox who makes more tracks than necessary, some in the wrong direction.” -Wendall Berry
23. “People can’t live with change if there’s not a changeless core inside of them. The key to the ability to change is a changeless sense of who you are, what you are about, and what you value.” -Stephen Covey
24. “You are never given a dream without also being given the power to make it true.” -Richard Bach
25. “Ever since happiness heard your name, it’s been running through the streets trying to find you.” -Hafiz
To read more of my favorite quotes click here.
Live your dreams! Find out how with my book, Life On Fire: A Step-By-Step Guide To Living Your Dreams