Please note that this is a guest post written by a third party
Attractions in Barbados
Barbados is a tropical paradise located east of the Caribbean Sea. The island is home to gorgeous, sandy beaches and a relaxed atmosphere, so holidaying in Barbados is an unforgettable experience. Check out holidays to Barbados with Virgin Holidays here. I had the time of my life while on the island; therefore, if you are going to Barbados, here are five things that you must do while on the island.
1. Hunte’s Garden: While holidaying in Barbados, I loved visiting these gardens because the flowers and trees are just stunning. I enjoyed viewing the unique statues, antiques and other exquisite pieces located throughout the garden. Because I am intrigued by nature, this gorgeous place was very appealing for me. The magical garden is a great value for the money, so it is something inexpensive you can do on the island. It is located in the parish of St. Joseph, and the countryside is breath taking.
2. Rockley Beach: Located on the south coast, this spectacular beach is home to massive waves and a relaxing atmosphere. While spending a day on this beach, I brought my lawn chair and sat under a tree while enjoying the soft breeze blowing through my hair. After resting for a time, I decided to enjoy some of the water sports at the beach. I went windsurfing, and then I attempted snorkelling. Some of the other activities at the beach include sailing, boogie boarding and kayaking. After a fun day at the beach, I was hungry, so I went to the nearby Quayside Centre for some Mexican food. I also bought a lovely necklace at one of the many shops.
3. Barbados Wildlife Reserve: One of my favourite things to do while on the island was viewing fascinating animals in their natural environment. I roamed around the Barbados Wildlife Reserve and watched animals eating, playing and relaxing. I saw deer, armadillo, pelicans, turtles, iguanas and snakes. Watching the monkeys at feeding time was extremely interesting. After visiting the reserve, I went to Farley Hill National Park and had a peaceful picnic on the nature trail.
4. Ocean Echo Stables: The horses at the stable are gentle and well groomed. I loved strolling along the beach on a horse and seeing the spectacular scenery. I took a 2-hour ride and enjoyed amazing views of Hackleton’s Cliff; however, the stables offer many exciting rides to suit your tastes. Do not forget your camera because you will want to take pictures of the incredible views that you will encounter.
5. Apes Hill Golf Club: Being the sports lover that I am, I had to try one of the best golf courses in the world. The Ape Hills Golf Club is home to stunning landscapes located almost 1000 feet above sea level. Each hole is unique, and the fairways are in excellent condition. I enjoyed the 12th and 13th holes the most because they were just magical to play. If you play golf, this golf club is a must while visiting Barbados.