A great weekend: pictures of home

by Kim on April 22, 2012 · 32 comments

Blue skies and sunshine have arrived in Portland, at least temporarily.

Oh, but the pull of doing what we need to do versus enjoying the time we have left.

In the end we chose the latter.

Such a lovely weekend and we lived every minute of it.

__________

Friday night happy hour with one of our oldest Portland friends:

A Saturday morning trip to the dog park:

A mid-morning walk around the neighborhood:

And an impromptu afternoon date in the park with two of my favorite ladies:

Followed by a Saturday evening going away party thrown for Brian and I by my amazing co-workers:

On Sunday we set out on an 8-mile hike with friends:

And we topped it all off with margaritas at our favorite Mexican joint:

A weekend well lived and thoroughly enjoyed.

These are the moments I will miss when we are traveling.

P.S. All photos taken with my new camera.

Torre – Fearful Adventurer April 22, 2012 at 8:57 pm

Is this the new camera? Gorgeous pics.

Torre – Fearful Adventurer April 22, 2012 at 9:00 pm

Just saw the P.S. You made a good decision with the camera. We have a DSLR and 4 incredible lenses, but sweet mother of jebus they’re heavy!

Kim April 22, 2012 at 9:04 pm

I love, love, LOVE the camera! I don’t even know how to use it yet. Can’t wait until I figure that out, I’m sure the pictures will be even more amazing once I learn what to do with all of the fancy settings.

Dustin April 22, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Ah your Canon S100 is making a better and better case for ditching my DSLR + Lenses behind; nice pics!

Kim April 23, 2012 at 9:37 pm

I’m not gonna say do it but I will say that it is pretty darn nice just slipping that tiny camera into my pocket and taking off!

Lisa April 22, 2012 at 9:07 pm

It looks like a great weekend of fun.

Kim April 23, 2012 at 6:33 pm

Such a great weekend. Kind of a bummer to go back to the office today… only three more weeks!

Sarah Somewhere April 22, 2012 at 9:22 pm

Beautiful photos!!! Ok I’m getting sad for you guys now… Hmm maybe I’ll go live in Portland for a while, looks GORGEOUS!

Kim April 23, 2012 at 6:34 pm

YEAH!!! You should! It is such a wonderful city, I just can’t say enough good things (minus the rain, which… well, you just learn to deal with).

Carmel April 23, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Yeah!

Tracy April 22, 2012 at 9:33 pm

What a great weekend, and you finally got your margarita! Seriously though, I’m glad you two are taking in all of Portland before you leave. You still have plenty of time to work on the planning, etc., enjoy the sunshine for now.

Kim April 23, 2012 at 6:34 pm

I always get my margarita :) So good to see you guys- love this pic I snapped of you.

Ayngelina April 23, 2012 at 12:30 am

Love the photos, I’m coming to Portland in July for WDS and I’m so excited to see it.

Bethany ~ twoOregonians April 23, 2012 at 10:14 am

Ahh! You’re going to LOVE IT. Give the city a hug for me.

Kim April 23, 2012 at 6:37 pm

I’ll give Portland a big, huge hug from you.

Kim April 23, 2012 at 6:35 pm

YAY! You’ll love it. And you’ll love WDS. I was there last year and it blew my mind.

Steph (@ 20 Years Hence) April 23, 2012 at 7:40 am

It’s funny how once you’re finally getting ready to say goodbye to a place, you remember all the reasons why you loved calling it home in the first place! My husband and I are about 4 months out from heading out on our own RTW trip and I’m already making a huge list of all the things we have to do in Nashville before we leave. All this despite complaining about it for 7 years!

Glad the weather has finally cheered up for you. Looks like Portland wants to make sure you remember it fondly!

Kim April 23, 2012 at 6:36 pm

I tried to make a list of everything I wanted to do in Portland but then I realized I’d already done it all! At least we’ve lived it up :)

Keirnsy April 23, 2012 at 7:53 am

Wow! Your camera has special powers. These are beautiful. I’m lifting that top one for FB, that was a great way to start my weekend!

Kim April 23, 2012 at 6:36 pm

It’s a pretty awesome camera, huh? I’ll put it up on FB if you haven’t yet.

Patricia GW April 23, 2012 at 9:35 am

What a great way to say goodbye – by creating happy memories (with a fabulous camera to boot!) :) How sweet of your coworkers to throw you two a going-away party! How did it go?

Kim April 23, 2012 at 6:37 pm

It was such a good going away party- so fun to hang out with them outside of work and get to know them a little better. Too bad it had to happen at the end.

Carmel April 23, 2012 at 11:32 am

Mmm…I love this town when it’s sunny. Ok, I love it even when it’s not, but when it’s sunny, everything just feels young, fresh, new and exciting. Too bad I was enduring the overcast skies of southern California while you were having a heat wave.

Kim April 23, 2012 at 6:38 pm

That was must bad luck, Carmel. Not fair! At least today was equally as beautiful.

Pan April 23, 2012 at 2:08 pm

how did you capture the beautiful sky photo with the sun shining towards the camera?

Kim April 23, 2012 at 6:38 pm

No idea, honestly. I have no camera skills. I just put it on the landscape setting and took the photo. The camera did all the work!

Amy April 24, 2012 at 6:51 am

God I love Oregon. So beautiful. So glad we were able to go last year. Great pictures and it looks like it was a great weekend.

Kim April 24, 2012 at 5:31 pm

I LOVE OREGON! Such a beautiful place. I’m excited to compare it to the rest of the world.

Rhonda April 24, 2012 at 7:19 am

love the post. Wasn’t it just a spectacular weekend all around? We were camping at Nehalem Bay and could not have asked for a better weekend of weather.
The new camera looks good! Looking forward to catching up on your final plans tomorrow.
XO Rhonda & Jim

Kim April 24, 2012 at 5:32 pm

It was perfect. Nice while it lasted, huh? (as I stare at the rain out my window)

Spencer April 26, 2012 at 6:25 pm

I loved Oregon when I went there in 2004, especially MT Hood. It was such an awesome place to reflect. A definite highlight of my RTW trip.

Kim April 28, 2012 at 3:11 pm

I’m glad you made it to Oregon on your RTW.